New Buildings – Green Star Rating Tools validates the environmental initiatives of the design phase of new building construction or base building refurbishment; or construction and procurement phase of a new building.
Our tools for New Buildings & Major Refurbishments aims to:
- Encourage the implementation of new and emerging technologies;
- Reduce the environmental impact of development through direct and indirect initiatives (e.g. it is difficult to quantify the environmental benefit of metering water and energy, but this will clearly enable the building to be better managed during operation.);
- Encourage a new approach to designing and constructing buildings by rewarding best practice and excellence;
- Ensure that effective design strategies are implemented without overlay of operational management and user behaviour; and
- Allow different designs to have their environmental initiatives fairly benchmarked.
Our tools for New Buildings & Major Refurbishments allow for 2 certifications.
- Design: Based on tenders drawings & specifications
- As Built: Based on as-built drawings and commissioning records
Certification for these tools are 4; 5 and 6 Stars.
- 4 Stars: “Best Practice”
- 5 Stars: “South African Excellence”