Leading the transformation of the South African property industry to environmental sustainability.
About EDGE Training
This training provides an overview and understanding of our EDGE tool. This simple user-friendly Green Rating system for residential developments makes use of an an online software platform.
It is recommended that each EDGE project gain the support of an EDGE Expert or EDGE Auditor. The Expert works with the client and the project team to prepare and submit the project documentation to GBCSA for certification while the Auditor independently verifies the evidence provided by the EDGE Expert.
An individual that is ideally and EDGE Expert that is selected by the Client to own & manage the EDGE certification process.
The Project Admin role is designed to be integral to the client and project team and works best in this format, but can be an external party if no suitable internal candidate exists.
Responsible for ensuring that the project meets the EDGE Standard.
– Registers the project
– Responsible for supplying all the relevant “marked-up” information
An individual that is selected by the Client to perform the audit work.
– Responsible for auditing the information provided by the Project Admin.
– Responsible for undertaking site audits and site testings
– Responsible for recommendation of certification if project is deemed compliant.
This is the GBCSA and they act as the main point of contact on the certification of EDGE projects.
– Responsible for quality control of reviewers process
– Responsible for providing preliminary and post construction EDGE certificates.
An individual selected by the certifier (GBCSA) to review the audit.
– Responsible for reviewing the auditors recommendation.