GBCSA Vacancy: Head of Education and Training
April 01, 2020
Based in Cape Town
About the GBCSA
The Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA) is looking for an innovative Head of Education and Training to reignite its education and training offering. Education is one of the GBCSA’s core offerings in its mission to accelerate the property industry towards sustainability. Courses, webinars and masterclasses, online and face-to-face, are a powerful medium to interact with our market of property professionals, specialised market segments and the general public. We’re looking to take our offering to the next level with a state-of-the-art suite of educational offerings. The Head of Education and Training will take charge of the education function, explore new methods of delivery new media, review and update content, and implement the programmes.
The GBCSA, established in 2007 and a member of the World Green Building Council, is playing an increasingly powerful role in the mitigation of climate change, and is looking to drive change and increase its impact by delivering its purpose of Inspiring a Built Environment in which People & Planet Thrive. The person will be energetic, creative and an experienced educator with a passion for the “Green Agenda”.
The Head of Education and Training will be responsible for the delivery of an innovative and exciting programme of educational offerings to our members and the wider society, and for the business case and financial success of the function.
- Developing an education and training strategy for GBCSA.
- Explore new, innovative methods of course delivery and presentation
- Ensure inspirational and leading edge content for our courses
- Collaborate with, train and motivate our ‘faculty’ of AP’s who assist with course presentation
- Research and develop new products, initiatives and opportunities. Build on our current offerings around Green Star tools, explore topical issues, consider practical workshops and topics that can deliver value to our member community
- Research, design and implement online/digital training methods and products
- Ensure the business case and financial viability of our offerings.
- Manage the Education budget
- Ensure content quality adheres to professional standards and to liaise with professional and governmental bodies to drive nationally and internationally recognized qualifications for GBCSA training products
The successful candidate, with a Passion for the Green Agenda, will demonstrate the following attributes:
- An understanding of professional short-course education and practical training
- An aptitude for digital educational processes
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- A creative and innovative strategic thinker
- Have excellent research skills
Qualifications and Professional Experience:
Preference will be given to candidates with a proven track record in the following:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in corporate education and training
- Understanding of traditional and modern training processes.
- Track record of developing and executing successful training programs.
- Familiarity with technical content related to green buildings and sustainability
- Relevant industry experience
- Computer literate and comfortable with digital business and communication tools
The incumbent will be paid a market-related package according to experience and qualifications. If you have the relevant built environment experience, are passionate about the Green Agenda and are looking for a new opportunity please send your CV to Tina Gough at email@example.com.
Kindly note that applications close 15 May 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks from the closing date.