GBCSA CEO Vacancy: A change leader to take the Green Building Council SA into the future
March 07, 2020
The Green Building Council South Africa (GBCSA) is looking for a dynamic CEO to take it to the next level in its mission of accelerating the property industry towards sustainability.
The GBCSA, established in 2007 and a member of the World Green Building Council, is playing an increasingly powerful role in the mitigation of climate change, and is looking to drive change and increase its impact.
The position is a high profile one: managing the team, interfacing with industry players and leveraging GBCSA’s international connections to deliver its purpose of Inspiring a Built Environment in which People & Planet Thrive.
The person will be energetic, creative and an extrovert with a passion for the “Green Agenda”.
- Drive the Green Building Agenda to accelerate the industry towards sustainability
- Develop, nurture and leverage strategic relationships in the Property Industry and Public Sector
- Provide strategic leadership to the GBCSA
- Motivate and manage the GBCSA team
- Ensure the success and growth of the GBCSA’s products and services:
- Green Building rating tools (including Green Star & EDGE) and Certifications
- Education courses, Masterclasses and Workshops
- Annual Convention
- Membership and Stakeholder management
- Take overall responsibility for the financial well-being of the organisation
With experience in leading a business or NGO and a passion for the Green Agenda, the successful
candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Good communication skills
- Excellent networking skills
- An aptitude for marketing
- The ability to motivate a team
- A keen sense of creativity and innovation
Preference will be given to candidates with a proven track record of the following:
- At least 5 years property industry experience preferably in a development, management, investment or sustainability capacity
- An extensive network of strategic relationships with property executives
- At least 5 years leadership experience at an executive /senior level of a stand-alone business or division of a large organization
- An appreciation of and passion for the sustainability agenda with a proven track record in the sustainability field
- A track record of influencing others, networking, building relationships and opening doors to foster support for a particular course
- Experience of presenting and advising at an Executive and Board level
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team of core staff members and volunteers
Reporting to the board, the position will be based in the Cape Town office. The position will require national and international travel.
A market based remuneration, commensurate with individual knowledge, educational background and experience is negotiable.
If you have the relevant built environment experience and the passion for the Green Agenda and are looking for a new opportunity please send your CV to Tina Gough at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly note that applications close on 31 March 2020.